Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Times Are Here Again!

Life is good. I have to say that I am happy most of the time. I'm re-reading a really good book that I think I've mentioned before...... it's by one of my favorite spiritual authors -Eckhart Tolle. The title is "A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. This book is transformational. The message is simple - stay in the present moment and let go of your ego. He says that ego is what will destroy your happiness and presence. Anyway, if you really want to move it to the next level and live a life of presence and purpose, I highly recommend this book............

Since we are finally settled into our new house, life is getting back to normal and we have been having lots of fun. Since I never had kids of my own (which I could have never imagined but understand everything happens for a reason), I love spending time with kids of all ages. I am really lucky to have lots of little kids in my life. My brother has two kids, 8 and 9, my sister has two kids, 19 (well, not really a kid) and 16...., we have three grand children, 4, 7 and 22 mos and tons of other kids who I just seem to know........ I think I really enjoy hanging out with kids because I'm really a big kid at heart. We get to do fun, silly things and it gives me great pleasure to be in the presence of their innocence and wonder for life. So, we recently had my brothers two kids over for a sleep over. We've done this many times in the old house, but not in the new house. Well, we had a blast! We have a really neat pool and the kids got to go for a swim, which seemed to be great fun for them. Since we live next to a natural preserve, they had a ball exploring and looking for butterflies as we did a morning walk on the backyard trail. We made dinner together and just had a great time.

We just got home from visiting our son Devin, his girlfriend Ananda and our littlest grandson, Kellan. They currently live is So. Lake Tahoe but will be moving soon........ we just found out that they are heading to Puerto Vallarta! Yes, you heard me right - they are going to be living in Mexico! Devin sells timeshares and is very good at it. He needs to go where the hottest properties are moving so since Tahoe is sold out - he decided that Mexico would be his next home. Ananda and Kellan are joining him there! So Dennis and I will need to make plans to visit soon! Life is certainly an adventure.........

So, we had a great time visiting with our littlest grand baby, Kellan. He is talking really good and remembered us! Given that they live in Tahoe, we don't see them as often as we'd like, but no matter, when we walked through the door, Kellan was very excited to see Vavu (grandpa in Portuguese) and Grandma (me)! We had the best time playing with him and taking him on a little hike through the Tahoe forest............ we'll sure miss him when he leaves but we'll just have to make plans to visit them in Puerto Vallarta.






No comments: