Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family is so much fun! Truly.

I love my family. If you couldn't already tell with all my past bloggings, my family is very important to me. They are the best. Tonight I met my mom, my sister Mary Ann (Mary-Harry for short) and my 16-year old niece, Stephanie for dinner. She just got her drivers license so we wanted to have a girls night out to celebrate this great milestone. We met for Japanese food and had a ball, talking, laughing and generally just being silly women together. How great is it to be so close to family - geographically and emotionally....... I feel very lucky and truly blessed to know such wonderful people. My family is great and I really do enjoy their company - yeh, we all have our "stuff" once in a while, but for the most part, we are pretty dang close.........

It was really nice spending time with my niece. Let me tell you a little about Stephanie. She is a really special young lady. Some might say her parents raised her well. She is polite, bright (both intellectually and through her inner beauty) and what I would call, very grounded. She seems to know what she wants in life and where she is headed. I admire who she is and who she is becoming. I love her so much and think it is so great that she actually likes to go to dinner, and see me, her grandma and her mom! How many 16 year olds do you know who LIKE to do these kinds of things! Not many, I'm sure.....Well, we think she is the best. And best of all, she's my sister's daughter so we have an extra special bond. I feel quite lucky to have such a special niece. I wish for her a life full of love, beauty, contentment and joy. I will hold that thought for her as she journey's through her young life......

Well, Easter is this Sunday and that means another family get-together....... yeh! I could get used to this!




No comments: