Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Wish I Was.......

I wish I was computer/tech savvy, but no matter how hard I try, I'm just not. Too bad too because I want to be, but every time I try, I just don't get it. It's so frustrating! I have all these neat ideas and lots of them require a web page, but for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to set it up. A friend even told me about this site that offers free websites and I still can't figure it out - ugh, why do some people just "get it" and some people just don't!?

Take my friend Susan who lives in Germany - she has created two or three really cool sites - one for her doggie hotel (see link on my blog page); one for her rental home in southern France (see link again) and one just for herself. They are easy to navigate, cool sites and I want to know how to do that!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I need a tech savvy person either living with me or on my payroll!

So, what is a poor girl to do? Does anyone have any advise out there? Where can I go to learn how to create a web site? I am an auditory learner so looking at something or reading instructions don't do it for me. I learn by listening......... does anyone know of any You Tube tutorials or the like to help me out?

Please leave a comment if anyone has any ideas.......... in the mean time, I'm going to go try to dig something or someone up to help me!

Tootles........

2 comments:

JP4A said...

Try this guy - http://www.videoprofessor.com/ i see him on TV al the time. Microsoft Front Page is the web site software.

Also, I’m considering taking a class at the local JC to learn more about designing site, you might look into a class Sierra College.

Uben Hertwig said...

I'm so excited that I got my name on your blog! The blogsites are no harder than what you have done here with your own blog. The house in France site was a little more challenging but just done in Netscape Composer because we are too cheap to buy good software. Netscape is free. It is buggy and therefore a challenge but if you just perserve.....then you just need an uploader and that's free too. You can find about anything you need at tucows.com so there ya go sista!