Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Beautiful Day!

Today is Tuesday, mid-week, and Dennis and I are off work - it's Lincoln's birthday and therefore a state holiday.......another great reason we love our jobs! It is absolutely beautiful outside, about 68 degrees. We've been enjoying the day by sitting out on our back deck, lounging in the sun, reading, having lunch and generally enjoying this bright, sun-shiny day........




Another really big thing going on in our lives, or really the lives of our family, is that my brother Joe and his wife Jana are in Russia, as we speak, meeting a little boy they hope to adopt. They are keeping the family updated with daily blogs and we can't wait to read about their adventure in Tomsk. From the sounds of their updates, things are going well. They've met the little boy, who is 13 months old and seem to be getting acquainted just fine. I can imagine this is a very special journey for them, on every level imaginable. I have a good feeling that this particular journey will a transformational experience for everyone involved.



I am reading a really good book that I just happened upon. I love to read any kind of book that talks about our human consciousness and ways of "being" on this earth. The book is by one of my favorite author, Eckhart Tolle. The last book I read was the "Power of Now". This particular book is called, "A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose". It isn't about your life's purpose in the way we usually think of it, but of your life purpose when we let go of our ego's.
For me, it is a discipline to be in the present moment - to not think about the future or get caught up in the past. I try to practice it daily, if only for a few moments at a time.



Anyway, that is about it for now.......... anyone who may read this, enjoy your day....... : )

No comments: