Sunday, February 17, 2008

Party Planning

Dennis' birthday will be here in about three weeks. I love giving parties, really for any occasion, having all our family and friends over, but giving my husband a special birthday party is really fun.

The last big one was five years ago and it was a complete surprise to Dennis. This year isn't a surprise but will be equally as fun. Two of his very best and long-time friends are coming...... we both are completely thrilled that they will be here to help him celebrate his big day. They both have known him for 40+ years - Don is flying in from Oregon; and Pat lives near Yosemite.

More to write about once the day is finally here.........

Yesterday, my sis/bro-in-law, Lynette and Dave and I drove down to Salida to see their grandson Dylan (our great-nephew) play basketball and to visit with Anne, Eric and their other two kids, Kaitlyn and Ty. I think Dylan is a natural as he dribbled the ball down the court - it was really cute to watch him play, with his serious facial expressions as he guarded and blocked the other players.......... what made it so cute, is that he's only 5!

Well, today is Sunday and it's another beautiful day - it's supposed to be about 68 degrees, so after Dennis watches the Daytona 500 race on TV, we'll go outside to enjoy the sunny weather. I love lounging in the sun on days like today or taking a nice walk around the neighborhood -anything to get outside.

So, tomorrow is another state holiday, so this will be another 4-day weekend for me........ I could get used to this!




No comments: