Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Day!

Today is Saturday and it was a good day. I got to see Lia, the little girl I mentor. She is quite a special little girl. She's almost eleven and going up so fast - seems all she wants to do is hang out with her friends and have fun -well, what more is there, really? So, the last time I saw her we went rollerskating, so this time she wanted to bring a friend. It was great fun watching two little tween girls skate and be best buddies........... they seemed to have a ball and I got to watch them skate, laugh, fall down and generally be cute, sweet little girls............ very fun............

It turned out to be another gorgeous day today, so after the indoor rollerskating, I tried to get outside some........ to feel the sun on my face is a sublime feeling......... I love how the sun feels on a brisk, cool day.........

So, the past couple of days I have been running around town gathering goody bag stuff for all my young nieces, nephews, grand kids and all the other kids I seem to have around me..... I recently did a head count and I interact with 10 little kids (10 and under) at least 5-6 times a month......... I feel very blessed for having such a vast array of wonderful kids around me. I also have two older kids that I love so much - they are my niece Stephanie, who just turned 16 years old and my nephew Jeff, who is 19 years old. They are too old for goody bags from their aunt, but never to old for the love I have for them...... they are two of the nicest people anyone could meet.

So on to the goody bag goodie gathering.......... I love doing stuff like this and sometimes I think I've missed my calling of being a teacher. This kind of stuff brings me lots of joy. So, I bought: stickers, ribbon, pink/white/red tissue paper, Valentine Day cards, bubble gum, chocolate candy, sour candy rings (for the girls), conversations hearts and other silly things to load in the bags. It's so much fun to watch the kids rip into their bags......... I can't wait for Easter!

No comments: